.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

O Wisdom of God

The banner was designed by
the Benedictine Sisters
of Turvey Abbey and
sold by McCrimmons.


O Antiphon...


O Wisdom of God,
who came forth
from the mouth
of the Most High,
reaching from beginning
to end, and with great power
yet gentleness, You set all creation in order:

O come Lord and teach us
the way of Wisdom!



"Does not Wisdom call, and Understanding raise her voice? On the top of the heights along the road, at the crossroads she takes her stand; By the gates at the approaches of the city, in the entryways she cries aloud: “To you, O people, I call; my appeal is to you mortals. You naive ones, gain prudence, you fools, gain sense. Listen! for noble things I speak; my lips proclaim honest words. Indeed, my mouth utters truth, and my lips abhor wickedness. All the words of my mouth are sincere, none of them wily or crooked; All of them are straightforward to the intelligent, and right to those who attain knowledge...Those who love me I also love, and those who seek me find me...“The LORD begot me, The beginning of his works, the forerunner of his deeds of long ago;From of old I was formed...at the first, before the earth. Then was I beside him as artisan; I was his delight day by day, playing before him all the while, Playing over the whole of his earth, having my delight with human beings. Now, children, listen to me; happy are they who keep my ways. Listen to instruction and grow wise, do not reject it! Happy the one who listens to me, attending daily at my gates, keeping watch at my doorposts; For whoever finds me finds life, and wins favor from the LORD" 
(Proverbs 8: 1-9, 17, 22-23 , 30-35).

No comments: