.

Monday, December 22, 2014

O King of Nations


The banner was designed by
the Benedictine Sisters
of Turvey Abbey and
O Antiphon...
O King of Nations,
you for whom
all lands are longing,
you are the holy cornerstone
who binds together
all God's people:
O come, come and save humankind whom you formed
from the dust of the earth.

"Therefore, thus says the Lord GOD: See, I am laying a stone in Zion, a stone that has been tested, a precious cornerstone as a sure foundation; whoever puts faith in it will not waver" (Isaiah 28: 16).

"Open the gates of righteousness; I will enter and thank the LORDThis is the LORD’s own gate, through it the righteous enter. I thank you for you answered me; you have been my savior.  
The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. By the LORD has this been done; it is wonderful in our eyes.
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice in it and be glad. LORD, grant salvation! LORD, grant good fortune!"
 (Psalms 118: 19-25)

No comments: