.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

O Key of David


The banner was designed by
the Benedictine Sisters
of Turvey Abbey and
O Antiphon...

O Key of David,

and scepter of the House
of Israel, who open the door
and no one closes,
who close the door and
no one opens: 
O come, rescue us  from our dark prison,
where we sit in death's shadow!


"I will clothe him with your robe, gird him with your sash, confer on him your authority. He shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah. I will place the key of the House of David on his shoulder; what he opens, no one will shut, what he shuts, no one will open. I will fix him as a peg in a firm place, a seat of honor for his ancestral house; On him shall hang all the glory of his ancestral house: descendants and offspring, all the little dishes, from bowls to jugs" (Isaiah 22: 21-24)
"“To the angel of the church in Philadelphia, write this: “The holy one, the true, who holds the key of David, who opens and no one shall close, who closes and no one shall open, says this: “I know your works (behold, I have left an open door before you, which no one can close). You have limited strength, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name" (Revelation 3: 7-8).

No comments: