.

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter Vigil

On Holy Saturday morning, the Cantor Sisters continued to chant the reading from  Lamentations...

"Remember my affliction; my soul is bereft of peace. My soul continually thinks of it, and is bowed down within me. But this I keep in memory, and therefore I have hope.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies still continue. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore, I will hope in Him." The Lord is good to those who wait for Him. to the soul that seeks Him. It is good that one should wait in silence for the salvation of the Lord."
(3: 19-26)


"Very soon now, I shall be with you again: I am the Alpha and Omega; the first, the last; the beginning and the end." ~ Holy Saturday Vespers Antiphon

No comments: