.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Nativity of Mary

Greetings,

On this simple September Saturday, we gathered to celebrate the birth of Mary in prayer with the Common of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  Here are a few of the antiphons and Psalms from our office...

Our Lady of Reichenbach
from our founding monastery
in Switzerland.

~ We celebrate the birth of the Virgin Mary while we worship her Son, Christ the Lord. Antiphon

~My heart overflows with noble words, to the king I address my song; my tongue is ready like the pen of a scribe.
Psalm 45
~My heart finds joy in my God; my strength is exalted in the Most High. My mouth derides my foes, for I rejoice in God's power to save. There is no other Holy One, no other Rock like our God! 1Samuel 2

~Shout for joy, O daughter Zion; sing joyfully O Jerusalem, for your God is in your midst. God will rejoice over you with gladness and renew you in love. Responsorial

We invite you to take some time to reflect on Our Lady and her model of humble love and service to others. 

Blessings,





No comments: