.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Twelfth Station: Jesus Dies on the Cross

These outdoor, tile-mosaic Stations of the Cross were designed
by our own Artisan Sisters of the Monastery.
My people, what have I done to you? or in what have I offended you? Answer me. What more should I have done, and did not do? I led you out of the land of Egypt, and you prepared a cross for me. I opened the Red Sea before you, and you opened my side with a lance. I gave you a royal sceptre, and you have given me a crown of thorns. With great power I lifted you up, and you have hung me upon a cross. My people, what have I done to you, or in what have I offeneded you? Answer me.
The Reproaches of Good Friday

Jesus said, "I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that can do nothing more." Luke 12: 4

No comments: