.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Jesse Tree Holy Women ~ Ruth & Naomi

"Drop down dew yet heavens above
and let the clouds rain the just one."
Isaiah 45: 8

"Do not press me to leave you or to turn back from following you! Where you do, I will go; where you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God." Ruth 1: 16

During the time of the judges, Naomi with her husband, Elimelech, and her two sons, Mahlon and Chilion, emigrated from Bethlehem in Judah to Moab in a period of famine. Elimelech died and the sons took Moabite wives. Mahlon married Ruth and Chilion married Orpha. Ten years later the sons died, leaving both their widows childless. When Naomi set out to return to her country, Ruth accompanied her to Bethlehem where she married Boaz, her husband's relative, and gave birth to Obed, the grandfather of David.

No comments: