.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Fourteenth Station of the Cross

The prayer of the Stations of the Cross for Vocations from the USCCB
THE FOURTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS PLACED IN THE SEPULCHER

V: We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You.
R: Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world.

V: Consider how the disciples carried the body of Jesus to its burial, while His holy Mother went with them and arranged it in the sepulcher with her own hands. They then closed the tomb and all departed.
R: We thank you, Jesus, for the infinite power of Your death and resurrection which brought salvation and healing to the world. We thank You for all whom You have called to follow You in the past 2000 years, men and women formally dedicating their lives to the building up of Your Church. We pray for all seminarians and novices in formation. Let all young men and women today reflect on the lives of the saints, and let them come to meet and know priests, religious, and lay ministers in our times who continue to respond to Christ’s call, “Come, follow me.”
(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be...)
Virgin of all virgins blest / Listen to my fond request / Let me share your grief divine
.

PRAYER TO JESUS CHRIST CRUCIFIED

My good and dear Jesus, I kneel before You, asking You most earnestly to engrave upon my heart a deep and lively faith, hope, and charity, with true repentance for my sins, and a firm resolve to make amends. As I reflect upon Your five wounds, and dwell upon them with deep compassion and grief, I recall, good Jesus, the words the Prophet David spoke long ago concerning Yourself: ``They pierced My hands and My feet; they have numbered all My bones.''

No comments: